A Practical Guide to Psychiatric Medications
Alameda County Psychological Association (ACPA) will feature CalPsychiatry’s Drs. Juliet Morgan, MD and Sir Melancon, MD for a presentation of A Practical Guide to Psychiatric Medications.
When: Monday, February 6th, 6:00 – 7:30 PM
This videoconference* offering 1.5 CEs is an overview on the use of psychiatric medications in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders.
*This event is intended for mental health providers.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, M.D.
Dr. Morgan specializes in the integrative treatment of patients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. She is a board certified neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain.
Sir Melancon, M.D.
Dr. Melancon is a general adult psychiatrist with a diverse range of expertise. He has a special interest in serving marginalized populations and has a special focus on treating race and gender-based trauma, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety/OCD, and ADD/ADHD.
- MindStories Video – Navigating Your 20’s | Zachery Resnick, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, November 16, 2023 – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
- Brain Circuitry in Neuropsychiatric Illnesses
- MindStories Video – What Turns You On? A Guide to Living Your Best Sex Life | Alexandra Katehakis, Ph.D., LMFT
- MindStories Video – Teen Mental Health and Parenting | Rebekah Tayebi, LCSW
- How Do SSRI’s Affect Mothers and Children in the Post-Partum Period and Beyond?
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, October 19, 2023 – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
- The Trajectory of Social Skills in Autistic Youth