Meaningful Collaboration Between Psychiatrists and Therapists
Do you ever get anxious about when, if, or how to best collaborate with a psychiatrist? If you do, this presentation will help! It addresses how to create meaningful collaboration between psychiatrists and therapists. Drs. Booth and Goodrich will use clinical case vignettes to examine ways in which effective and efficient communication between therapists and psychiatrists can improve the quality of care and optimize mental health outcomes for our clients. We will explore how to determine when to reach out a psychiatrist and common barriers to meaningful communication between psychiatrists and therapists.
About the speakers:
Leigh Goodrich, M.D.
Dr. Goodrich is a board-certified general adult psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). She enjoys working with adolescent and young adult patients, with specific focus on transitional-aged youth (18-25). She earned her medical degree from UC Irvine, where she also completed her Psychiatry residency training and served as Chief Resident.
Brittany Booth, M.D.
Dr. Booth has her B.S. from Boston University and her M.D. and M.P.H. degrees from UCLA. She then completed her adult psychiatry training as well as specialty fellowship training in treatment-resistant mood disorders at UCLA. She is currently a staff attending in the UCLA Maternal Mental Health Program.
- MindStories Video – Navigating Your 20’s | Zachery Resnick, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, November 16, 2023 – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
- Brain Circuitry in Neuropsychiatric Illnesses
- MindStories Video – What Turns You On? A Guide to Living Your Best Sex Life | Alexandra Katehakis, Ph.D., LMFT
- MindStories Video – Teen Mental Health and Parenting | Rebekah Tayebi, LCSW
- How Do SSRI’s Affect Mothers and Children in the Post-Partum Period and Beyond?
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, October 19, 2023 – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
- The Trajectory of Social Skills in Autistic Youth