Psych Media Discussion Group – Dopamine Nation with author Anna Lembke, MD
Join author and Stanford Psychiatrist, Anna Lembke, MD for the CalPsychiatry Psych Media Discussion group to discuss her recent book, Dopamine Nation. CalPsychiatry psychiatrist, Sir Melancon, MD will also join her as an expert discussant.
About the speakers:
Anna Lembke, MD
Dr. Anna Lembke is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine and chief of the Stanford Addiction Medicine Dual Diagnosis Clinic. In 2016, she published Drug Dealer, MD: How Doctors Were Duped, Patients Got Hooked, and Why It’s So Hard to Stop (Johns Hopkins University Press), which was highlighted in the New York Times as one of the top five books to read in the quest to understand the opioid epidemic. Dr. Lembke also appeared in the Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma, which provides an unvarnished look at the impact of social media on our lives. In her new book, Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence(Dutton/Penguin Random House, August 2021), an instant New York Times bestseller, Dr. Lembke explores how to moderate compulsive overconsumption in a dopamine-overloaded world.
Sir Melancon, MD
Dr. Sir Melancon is a general adult psychiatrist who has a special expertise in treating race and gender-based trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety/OCD, and ADHD. As a former college athlete, he also has a unique approach when it comes to sports psychology and caring for college and professional athletes.
- MindStories Video – Fostering Mental Health Clinician Wellness and Avoiding Burnout | Kaelly Arellano and Brandon Shindo
- Botox Injection for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety in Pregnancy and Gestational Length
- MindStories Video – Key Practices to Building Healthier and Happier Relationships | Dr. Liana Georgoulis
- Psych Media Discussion Group | October 18th, 2022 – Fair Play with Brittany Booth, MD
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy and Its Role in Chronic Back Pain
- MindStories Video – Family Based Treatments for ADHD | Lauren Simas, LMFT
- Fatherly Interview – Brittany Booth, M.D. on Stress and Miscarriage