San Francisco Psychological Association: Integrative Approaches to Treating Insomnia
This course provides an overview of sleep physiology and the diagnosis and treatment of insomnia. We will review the way that sleep is controlled and regulated. We will describe the diagnosis of insomnia and explain potential alternate diagnoses and medical mimics. The session will review evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of insomnia using a multimodal approach.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is an integrative psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist working with a variety of clients at CalPsychiatry. She specializes in the integrative treatment of clients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan began her career as a neurologist and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with clients with Long-Covid.
Sir Melancon, MD
Dr. Sir Melancon is a general adult psychiatrist who has a special expertise in treating race and gender-based trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety/OCD, and ADHD. As a former college athlete, he also has a unique approach when it comes to sports psychology and caring for college and professional athletes.
- MindStories Video – Top 5 Questions People Ask Their Sex Therapist | Claudia Six PhD
- MindStories Video – Fostering Mental Health Clinician Wellness and Avoiding Burnout | Kaelly Arellano and Brandon Shindo
- Botox Injection for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety in Pregnancy and Gestational Length
- MindStories Video – Key Practices to Building Healthier and Happier Relationships | Dr. Liana Georgoulis
- Psych Media Discussion Group | October 18th, 2022 – Fair Play with Brittany Booth, MD
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy and Its Role in Chronic Back Pain
- MindStories Video – Family Based Treatments for ADHD | Lauren Simas, LMFT