Psychiatric Medications for Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Pearls of Wisdom for Psychologists
As psychologists, we often encounter question whether our clients might benefit from medication intervention in conjunction with the psychotherapy we provide. Many clients are already relying on psychiatric medication when they present for treatment. This Salon presentation offers a review and update of the current practice standards for medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. Topics will include indications for referral to a prescriber, review and discussion of the relative efficacy of medications available for management of mood and anxiety disorders, and discussion of common side effects associated with medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. A case vignette model will be used to bridge didactic content with clinical considerations.
Those who attend the workshop and complete the CPA evaluation form will receive (1.5) continuing education credits.
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving
- MindStories Video – Helping Estranged Parents and Families | Joshua Coleman, Ph.D.