Psychiatric Medications for Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Pearls of Wisdom for Psychologists
As psychologists, we often encounter question whether our clients might benefit from medication intervention in conjunction with the psychotherapy we provide. Many clients are already relying on psychiatric medication when they present for treatment. This Salon presentation offers a review and update of the current practice standards for medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. Topics will include indications for referral to a prescriber, review and discussion of the relative efficacy of medications available for management of mood and anxiety disorders, and discussion of common side effects associated with medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. A case vignette model will be used to bridge didactic content with clinical considerations.
Those who attend the workshop and complete the CPA evaluation form will receive (1.5) continuing education credits.
- Mental Health’s Impact on Dementia
- MindStories Video – The Nature of Nurture | Dr. Leslie Carr
- MindStories Video – Women’s Mental Health: Good For Mothers, Their Babies, and Their Families | Vivien Burt MD, PhD
- MindStories Video – Matrescence: The Process of Becoming a Mother | Misty Richards, MD, MS
- MindStories Video – Working with Climate Distress | Carol Bartels, Ecotherapist, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | May 11, 2022 – Everyday Vitality: Turning Stress Into Strength with author Dr. Samantha Boardman and Karla Schlags, LMFT and Dr. Lucy Sloninsky
- Juliet Morgan, MD featured on Dr. Adriana Popescu’s Kaleidoscope of Possibilities Podcast
- MindStories Video – Pregnancy After Loss | Rebecca Kahn, LMFT, PMH-C