Psychiatric Medications for Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Pearls of Wisdom for Psychologists
As psychologists, we often encounter question whether our clients might benefit from medication intervention in conjunction with the psychotherapy we provide. Many clients are already relying on psychiatric medication when they present for treatment. This Salon presentation offers a review and update of the current practice standards for medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. Topics will include indications for referral to a prescriber, review and discussion of the relative efficacy of medications available for management of mood and anxiety disorders, and discussion of common side effects associated with medication management of mood and anxiety disorders. A case vignette model will be used to bridge didactic content with clinical considerations.
Those who attend the workshop and complete the CPA evaluation form will receive (1.5) continuing education credits.
- MindStories Video – Rethinking Grief and Loss, with a Special Focus on the Forgotten Mourner, Sibling Loss | Dawn DiRaimondo, Psy.D.
- MindStories Video – Redefining Boundaries in an Enmeshed Family | Inessa Manevich, PhD
- Psych Media Discussion Group | February 28, 2023 – White Lotus (Season 2)
- Brain Based Biotypes of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- MindStories Video – Solution Focused vs. Open Ended Therapy | Benjamin Russack, LMFT
- Reexamining the Treatment of Menopause
- MindStories Video – Men & Talk Therapy | Dr. Adam Dorsay
- Psych Media Discussion Group | January 23, 2023 – Stutz with Leigh Goodrich, MD