Integrative Approaches to ADHD in Adults
This will be an overview for therapists on the approach to ADHD diagnosis and treatment in adults. Would like to provide ample opportunity for questions and open discussion, and will organize the workshop in a stepwise order that mirrors clinical experience.
This is an in-person luncheon at Capital Grille in Costa Mesa, sponsored by OC-CAMFT.
About the speakers:
Leigh Goodrich, MD
Dr. Goodrich is a general adult psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of depression, anxiety and OCD, with a focus on working with adolescent (16+) and transitional-aged youth (18-25) clients. Dr. Goodrich completed her Psychiatry residency training at UC Irvine, where she served as Chief Resident. Her training included specific clinical work with adolescents and adults with ADHD, autism spectrum disorder and substance use disorders, in IOP, PHP and residential treatment settings. She has also received specific training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, and in the use of a psychodynamic approach to medication management.
Dr. Goodrich has a long-standing interest in the intersection between medicine, mental health and the arts. She developed and taught a seminar for medical students examining media representations of mental illness, and the ways in which writing, film and TV both reflect and impact cultural perceptions of mental illness. She leads similar discussions within the Orange County Psychiatric Society, chairing the council’s Media Interest Group, and in her role teaching second-year UC Irvine Psychiatry residents.
- Dr. Kathryn Kinasz featured on Health Youniversity Podcast
- MindStories Video – Talk Me Down the Aisle: A Guide to Wedding Therapy | Landis Bejar, LMHC
- Cyberbullying Linked to Eating Disorder Symptoms
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 – Last Flight Home with expert discussants: Anne Coscarelli, PhD and Thomas Pier, LCSW
- MindStories Video – What is PTSD? | Victoria Buttery, PhD
- Reduced Serotonin Levels Linked to Long COVID
- Hormonal Therapy and Its Impact on Dementia Risk
- MindStories Video – Building Sustainable Behavior Change through In-Home Interventions | Sarah Lopano