Integrative Approaches to Treating Insomnia
This course provides an overview of sleep physiology and the diagnosis and treatment of insomnia. We will review the way that sleep is controlled and regulated. We will describe the diagnosis of insomnia and explain potential alternate diagnoses and medical mimics. The session will review evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of insomnia using a multimodal approach.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is a psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist based in the CalPsychiatry San Francisco office. She specializes in the integrative treatment of patients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan is a board certified neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with COVID-19 patients.
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, May 30, 2023 – How Do You Serve a Friend in Despair?
- MindStories Video – Trauma and Body Image in the Bedroom | Dr. Linda Baggett, Ph.D.
- MindStories Video – Long Illness – Surviving, Healing, and Thriving | Meghan Jobson, MD, PhD and Juliet Morgan, MD
- Psych Media Discussion Group | April 11th, 2023 – To Leslie
- Presentation on Women’s Reproductive Mental Health to CBT California | April 11, 2023
- MindStories Video – What Is Pure O OCD? Understanding It and Treating It | Max Maisel, PhD
- Exercise as Treatment for Depression
- MindStories Video – Using Gottman Method Couples Therapy to Strengthen Relationships | Dr. Dana McNeil