Integrative Approaches to Treating Insomnia
This course provides an overview of sleep physiology and the diagnosis and treatment of insomnia. We will review the way that sleep is controlled and regulated. We will describe the diagnosis of insomnia and explain potential alternate diagnoses and medical mimics. The session will review evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of insomnia using a multimodal approach.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is a psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist based in the CalPsychiatry San Francisco office. She specializes in the integrative treatment of patients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan is a board certified neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with COVID-19 patients.
- Dr. Kathryn Kinasz featured on Health Youniversity Podcast
- MindStories Video – Talk Me Down the Aisle: A Guide to Wedding Therapy | Landis Bejar, LMHC
- Cyberbullying Linked to Eating Disorder Symptoms
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 – Last Flight Home with expert discussants: Anne Coscarelli, PhD and Thomas Pier, LCSW
- MindStories Video – What is PTSD? | Victoria Buttery, PhD
- Reduced Serotonin Levels Linked to Long COVID
- Hormonal Therapy and Its Impact on Dementia Risk
- MindStories Video – Building Sustainable Behavior Change through In-Home Interventions | Sarah Lopano