Integrative Approaches to Treating Insomnia
This course provides an overview of sleep physiology and the diagnosis and treatment of insomnia. We will review the way that sleep is controlled and regulated. We will describe the diagnosis of insomnia and explain potential alternate diagnoses and medical mimics. The session will review evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of insomnia using a multimodal approach.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is a psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist based in the CalPsychiatry San Francisco office. She specializes in the integrative treatment of patients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan is a board certified neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with COVID-19 patients.
- MindStories Video – What is High ”Functioning” Anxiety? | Dr. Kelly Vincent, Psy.D
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving