Integrative Approaches to Treating Insomnia
This course provides an overview of sleep physiology and the diagnosis and treatment of insomnia. We will review the way that sleep is controlled and regulated. We will describe the diagnosis of insomnia and explain potential alternate diagnoses and medical mimics. The session will review evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of insomnia using a multimodal approach.
About the speakers:
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is a psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist based in the CalPsychiatry San Francisco office. She specializes in the integrative treatment of patients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan is a board certified neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with COVID-19 patients.
- MindStories Video – Fostering Mental Health Clinician Wellness and Avoiding Burnout | Kaelly Arellano and Brandon Shindo
- Botox Injection for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety in Pregnancy and Gestational Length
- MindStories Video – Key Practices to Building Healthier and Happier Relationships | Dr. Liana Georgoulis
- Psych Media Discussion Group | October 18th, 2022 – Fair Play with Brittany Booth, MD
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy and Its Role in Chronic Back Pain
- MindStories Video – Family Based Treatments for ADHD | Lauren Simas, LMFT
- Fatherly Interview – Brittany Booth, M.D. on Stress and Miscarriage