OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining Dr. Josephine McNary for the OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists on Friday, June 17, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT. This course offers 1 CEU.
This is an overview on the use of psychiatric medications in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. We will discuss when to consider recommending medication. We will also discuss the different types of medication used, their efficacy in treatment of mood and anxiety disorders, and common side effects.
About the speakers:
Josephine McNary, MD
Dr. McNary is a board-certified general psychiatrist, working with a variety of patients in her outpatient practice. She specializes in medication management and is particularly interested in the use of complementary medicine for mood and anxiety disorders.
Leigh Goodrich, MD
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining CalPsychiatry in September, 2022. She will be providing outpatient psychiatry services at CalPsychiatry’s Orange County office. Her specialty areas of interest include: anxiety disorders, adolescent and transitional age youth (TAY) patient populations, women’s mental health, and working with Spanish-speaking patients. Prior to her residency training at UCI, Dr. Goodrich graduated from UC Irvine School of Medicine, where much of her work centered on underserved communities and global mental health. Her research in rural Panama focused on prenatal education for indigenous women and barriers to accessing mental health screening and supports. She has presented internationally on related topics, including the psychiatric evaluation of asylum-seekers, at World Psychiatric Association conferences in Portugal and Australia.
- Dr. Kathryn Kinasz featured on Health Youniversity Podcast
- MindStories Video – Talk Me Down the Aisle: A Guide to Wedding Therapy | Landis Bejar, LMHC
- Cyberbullying Linked to Eating Disorder Symptoms
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 – Last Flight Home with expert discussants: Anne Coscarelli, PhD and Thomas Pier, LCSW
- MindStories Video – What is PTSD? | Victoria Buttery, PhD
- Reduced Serotonin Levels Linked to Long COVID
- Hormonal Therapy and Its Impact on Dementia Risk
- MindStories Video – Building Sustainable Behavior Change through In-Home Interventions | Sarah Lopano