OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining Dr. Josephine McNary for the OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists on Friday, June 17, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT. This course offers 1 CEU.
This is an overview on the use of psychiatric medications in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. We will discuss when to consider recommending medication. We will also discuss the different types of medication used, their efficacy in treatment of mood and anxiety disorders, and common side effects.
About the speakers:
Josephine McNary, MD
Dr. McNary is a board-certified general psychiatrist, working with a variety of patients in her outpatient practice. She specializes in medication management and is particularly interested in the use of complementary medicine for mood and anxiety disorders.
Leigh Goodrich, MD
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining CalPsychiatry in September, 2022. She will be providing outpatient psychiatry services at CalPsychiatry’s Orange County office. Her specialty areas of interest include: anxiety disorders, adolescent and transitional age youth (TAY) patient populations, women’s mental health, and working with Spanish-speaking patients. Prior to her residency training at UCI, Dr. Goodrich graduated from UC Irvine School of Medicine, where much of her work centered on underserved communities and global mental health. Her research in rural Panama focused on prenatal education for indigenous women and barriers to accessing mental health screening and supports. She has presented internationally on related topics, including the psychiatric evaluation of asylum-seekers, at World Psychiatric Association conferences in Portugal and Australia.
- MindStories Video – Fostering Mental Health Clinician Wellness and Avoiding Burnout | Kaelly Arellano and Brandon Shindo
- Botox Injection for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety in Pregnancy and Gestational Length
- MindStories Video – Key Practices to Building Healthier and Happier Relationships | Dr. Liana Georgoulis
- Psych Media Discussion Group | October 18th, 2022 – Fair Play with Brittany Booth, MD
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy and Its Role in Chronic Back Pain
- MindStories Video – Family Based Treatments for ADHD | Lauren Simas, LMFT
- Fatherly Interview – Brittany Booth, M.D. on Stress and Miscarriage