OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining Dr. Josephine McNary for the OC-CAMFT Virtual Webinar: Psychiatric Medications – Overview for Therapists on Friday, June 17, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT. This course offers 1 CEU.
This is an overview on the use of psychiatric medications in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. We will discuss when to consider recommending medication. We will also discuss the different types of medication used, their efficacy in treatment of mood and anxiety disorders, and common side effects.
About the speakers:
Josephine McNary, MD
Dr. McNary is a board-certified general psychiatrist, working with a variety of patients in her outpatient practice. She specializes in medication management and is particularly interested in the use of complementary medicine for mood and anxiety disorders.
Leigh Goodrich, MD
Dr. Leigh Goodrich will be joining CalPsychiatry in September, 2022. She will be providing outpatient psychiatry services at CalPsychiatry’s Orange County office. Her specialty areas of interest include: anxiety disorders, adolescent and transitional age youth (TAY) patient populations, women’s mental health, and working with Spanish-speaking patients. Prior to her residency training at UCI, Dr. Goodrich graduated from UC Irvine School of Medicine, where much of her work centered on underserved communities and global mental health. Her research in rural Panama focused on prenatal education for indigenous women and barriers to accessing mental health screening and supports. She has presented internationally on related topics, including the psychiatric evaluation of asylum-seekers, at World Psychiatric Association conferences in Portugal and Australia.
- Mental Health’s Impact on Dementia
- MindStories Video – The Nature of Nurture | Dr. Leslie Carr
- MindStories Video – Women’s Mental Health: Good For Mothers, Their Babies, and Their Families | Vivien Burt MD, PhD
- MindStories Video – Matrescence: The Process of Becoming a Mother | Misty Richards, MD, MS
- MindStories Video – Working with Climate Distress | Carol Bartels, Ecotherapist, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | May 11, 2022 – Everyday Vitality: Turning Stress Into Strength with author Dr. Samantha Boardman and Karla Schlags, LMFT and Dr. Lucy Sloninsky
- Juliet Morgan, MD featured on Dr. Adriana Popescu’s Kaleidoscope of Possibilities Podcast
- MindStories Video – Pregnancy After Loss | Rebecca Kahn, LMFT, PMH-C