Psych Media Discussion Group – CODA with Marguerite Maguire, MD
Join us for the next CalPsychiatry Psych Media Discussion Group on Tuesday, June 14 from 12-1 PM. We will discuss the Oscar winning movie, CODA. CalPsychiatry’s Marguerite Maguire, MD will be leading the discussion.
About the speakers:
Marguerite Maguire, MD
Dr. Maguire is a general adult psychiatrist, treating a wide variety of psychiatric illnesses with particular interests in depression, anxiety, maternal mental health, and ADHD. She earned her medical degree from the University of Rochester and completed her psychiatry residency at the University of Southern California/LAC+USC.
Dr. Maguire is passionate in her belief that while medication can be an important part of healing, it should be combined with therapy, nutrition, meditation, exercise, and other significant lifestyle changes. Her holistic approach to treatment enables her to develop a sense of trust with her patients, working with them to come up with highly personal solutions to change their lives for the better.
Dr. Maguire has a special interest in perinatal mental health and in Latinx populations; she treats patients in both Spanish and English. She would be honored to participate in your healing process.
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving
- MindStories Video – Helping Estranged Parents and Families | Joshua Coleman, Ph.D.