Psych Media Discussion Group – CODA with Marguerite Maguire, MD
Join us for the next CalPsychiatry Psych Media Discussion Group on Tuesday, June 14 from 12-1 PM. We will discuss the Oscar winning movie, CODA. CalPsychiatry’s Marguerite Maguire, MD will be leading the discussion.
About the speakers:
Marguerite Maguire, MD
Dr. Maguire is a general adult psychiatrist, treating a wide variety of psychiatric illnesses with particular interests in depression, anxiety, maternal mental health, and ADHD. She earned her medical degree from the University of Rochester and completed her psychiatry residency at the University of Southern California/LAC+USC.
Dr. Maguire is passionate in her belief that while medication can be an important part of healing, it should be combined with therapy, nutrition, meditation, exercise, and other significant lifestyle changes. Her holistic approach to treatment enables her to develop a sense of trust with her patients, working with them to come up with highly personal solutions to change their lives for the better.
Dr. Maguire has a special interest in perinatal mental health and in Latinx populations; she treats patients in both Spanish and English. She would be honored to participate in your healing process.
- Mental Health’s Impact on Dementia
- MindStories Video – The Nature of Nurture | Dr. Leslie Carr
- MindStories Video – Women’s Mental Health: Good For Mothers, Their Babies, and Their Families | Vivien Burt MD, PhD
- MindStories Video – Matrescence: The Process of Becoming a Mother | Misty Richards, MD, MS
- MindStories Video – Working with Climate Distress | Carol Bartels, Ecotherapist, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | May 11, 2022 – Everyday Vitality: Turning Stress Into Strength with author Dr. Samantha Boardman and Karla Schlags, LMFT and Dr. Lucy Sloninsky
- Juliet Morgan, MD featured on Dr. Adriana Popescu’s Kaleidoscope of Possibilities Podcast
- MindStories Video – Pregnancy After Loss | Rebecca Kahn, LMFT, PMH-C