Psych Media Discussion Group – Fair Play
Join us in the next Psych Media Discussion Group for a clinician discussion of Fair Play by Eve Rodsky. Kaitlin Soule, LMFT (Fair Play Certified Facilitator and author of A Little Less of a Hot Mess: The Modern Mom’s Guide to Growth and Evolution) will be joining as the expert discussant along with CalPsychiatry’s Brittany Booth, MD.
About the speakers:
Kaitlin Soule, LMFT
Kaitlin Soule specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with a focus on women’s mental health, anxiety, and modern parenting. Kaitlin has a private practice in Northern California, is a mom to three, and the author of the newly released book, A Little Less of A Hot Mess. Through her writing, speaking and advocating, Kaitlin empowers modern women to take agency over their life, and say “yes” to themselves by providing practical, simple, and powerful invitations for real healing and growth.
Kaitlin wrote A Little Less of a Hot Mess: The Modern Mom’s Guide to Growth and Evolution, to invite women to reclaim their identity with a practical framework called imperfect growth and evolution™. In efforts to bring dialogue around mental health and growth to everyday women, Kaitlin hosts a podcast called, “A little Less of A Hot Mess: Off The Couch Conversation With A Therapist.” She frequently contributes to the media as an expert and a writer and has been published in the NY Post, Washington Post, Parents, Scary Mommy, Oxygen, Psych Central, TLC and more.
Brittany Booth, MD
Dr. Booth is a general adult psychiatrist with experience treating a wide range of psychiatric disorders. Her areas of special interest include women’s mental health, particularly perinatal and postpartum care, as well as mood disorders, anxiety, and OCD.
Dr. Booth earned her bachelor’s degree from Boston University and her medical degree from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. She completed her psychiatry residency at UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute. Prior to joining CalPsychiatry, she served as Chief Resident of the inpatient units at UCLA and as Chief Resident of the Women’s Life Center, where she gained specialty training in the treatment of mental illness during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Dr. Booth has also received specialty fellowship training in treatment-resistant mood disorders. She continues to work in the UCLA Maternal Mental Health program as a staff attending.
- MindStories Video – Fostering Mental Health Clinician Wellness and Avoiding Burnout | Kaelly Arellano and Brandon Shindo
- Botox Injection for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety in Pregnancy and Gestational Length
- MindStories Video – Key Practices to Building Healthier and Happier Relationships | Dr. Liana Georgoulis
- Psych Media Discussion Group | October 18th, 2022 – Fair Play with Brittany Booth, MD
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy and Its Role in Chronic Back Pain
- MindStories Video – Family Based Treatments for ADHD | Lauren Simas, LMFT
- Fatherly Interview – Brittany Booth, M.D. on Stress and Miscarriage