Psych Media Discussion Group – Good Morning, I Love You: Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Practices to Rewire the Brain for Calm Clarity and Joy
Shauna Shapiro, PhD will be joining us to discuss her book, Good Morning, I Love You: Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Practices to Rewire Your Brain for Calm, Clarity, and Joy. CalPsychiatry psychiatrist, Beatrice Rabkin, MD, will also join us as an expert discussant.
About the speakers:
Shauna Shapiro, PhD
Shauna Shapiro, PhD is a best-selling author, clinical psychologist and internationally recognized expert in mindfulness and self-compassion. She is a professor at Santa Clara University and has published over 150 papers and three critically acclaimed books, translated into 16 languages. Shauna has presented her research to the King of Thailand, the Danish Government, Bhutan’s Gross National Happiness Summit, and the World Council for Psychotherapy, as well as to Fortune 100 Companies including Google, Cisco Systems and LinkedIn.
Beatrice Rabkin, MD
Dr. Rabkin is a board-certified psychiatrist with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and cell biology from Rice University, and an MD from Baylor College of Medicine. She completed her psychiatry residency training at the University of Southern California, where her training included women’s mental health, mood and anxiety disorders, cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and psychiatric consultation for medically ill persons with mental health needs. Dr. Rabkin is also board certified in consult liaison psychiatry.
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving
- MindStories Video – Helping Estranged Parents and Families | Joshua Coleman, Ph.D.