Psych Media Discussion Group – GROUP: How One Therapist and a Circle of Strangers Saved My Life by Christie Tate
The next Psych Media Group discussion for mental health providers is scheduled for Tuesday, October 12 7:30PM-8:30PM. Author Christie Tate will join us to discuss her book Group: How One Therapist and a Circle of Strangers Saved My Life
About the speakers:
Christie Tate (Author) – Christie O. Tate is a Chicago-based writer and essayist. Her work has been published in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Pithead Chapel, McSweeney’s, Motherwell, Entropy Magazine, A Perfect Wedding, Together.com, Brain, Child and others. Her debut memoir, Group, published in October 2020 was a Reese’s Book Club Pick and New York Times bestseller.
Leah Niehaus (Therapist) – Leah Niehaus has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker since 2003 and loves working with women, teens, and young adults. She’s also a frequent guest speaker and writer on topics related to parenting and adolescents and offers clinical supervision and Associate positions for unlicensed professionals. She was recently recognized by the City of Hermosa Beach as the “Best of Clinical Social Work 2021.”
- MindStories Video – What is High ”Functioning” Anxiety? | Dr. Kelly Vincent, Psy.D
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving