Psych Media Discussion Group – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
Join us for the upcoming Psych Media Discussion group on October 19th at 12PM PST where Sociologist, Dr. Brian Donovan, and CalPsychiatry’s Dr. Agnes Simone will be discussing the New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”.
About our guests:
Brian Donovan, PhD
Dr. Donovan is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Kansas. Donovan’s research focuses on gender, popular culture, and American society. He has published three books and his work has appeared in several academic journals, including Celebrity Studies, Theory and Society, and The Journal of Family History. Donovan’s most recent book American Gold Digger: Money, Marriage, and the Law from the Ziegfeld Follies to Anna Nicole Smith (UNC Press 2020) examines the cultural impact of the \”gold digger\” stereotype in American culture. He is currently interviewing \”swifties\” for a book about the Taylor Swift fandom.
Agnes Simone, DO
Dr. Simone is board-certified in adolescent, young adult, and adult psychiatry. She specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, ADHD, and insomnia. She has experience working in a variety of settings including academic, community, private, and veterans affairs. She is passionate about her integrative approach to mental health care. While she provides medication management, she also highlights the importance of non-pharmacologic interventions including healthy lifestyle changes, mindfulness, and psychotherapy.
*This event is open to mental health professionals.
- MindStories Video – Navigating Your 20’s | Zachery Resnick, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, November 16, 2023 – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
- Brain Circuitry in Neuropsychiatric Illnesses
- MindStories Video – What Turns You On? A Guide to Living Your Best Sex Life | Alexandra Katehakis, Ph.D., LMFT
- MindStories Video – Teen Mental Health and Parenting | Rebekah Tayebi, LCSW
- How Do SSRI’s Affect Mothers and Children in the Post-Partum Period and Beyond?
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, October 19, 2023 – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
- The Trajectory of Social Skills in Autistic Youth