Psych Media Discussion Group – To Leslie
Join us at the next Psych Media Discussion Group on Tuesday, April 11th from 7:30-8:30PM for a clinician discussion of the movie To Leslie. This event is open to mental health professionals. Addiction specialist and author, Dr Suzette Glasner, PhD will be joining as the expert discussant.
About our guest:
Suzette Glasner, PhD
Dr. Glasner is an Associate Professor at UCLA, in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, and Vice President of Clinical Affairs at Quit Genius, a digital addiction specialty clinic. Dr. Glasner is a licensed clinical psychologist and scientist whose research focuses on developing and testing digital behavioral treatments for addictions and related psychiatric and medical conditions, and understanding the “key ingredients” of psychotherapy. Three evidence-based treatment approaches that have been the focus of her research studies: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), and mindfulness based treatments. Recently she has developed and is testing interventions that deliver these types of treatments using text messaging, social media, and other digital platforms. She brings the unique perspective of having led clinical research programs in both academic and industry settings. Dr. Glasner’s award-winning book, The Addiction Recovery Skills Workbook (New Harbinger, 2015), integrates her scientific knowledge about the causes and most effective treatments for addictions, and nearly two decades of clinical experience treating individuals and families who are affected by addictions and mental health difficulties.
- MindStories Video – Navigating Your 20’s | Zachery Resnick, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, November 16, 2023 – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
- Brain Circuitry in Neuropsychiatric Illnesses
- MindStories Video – What Turns You On? A Guide to Living Your Best Sex Life | Alexandra Katehakis, Ph.D., LMFT
- MindStories Video – Teen Mental Health and Parenting | Rebekah Tayebi, LCSW
- How Do SSRI’s Affect Mothers and Children in the Post-Partum Period and Beyond?
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, October 19, 2023 – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
- The Trajectory of Social Skills in Autistic Youth