Psych Media Discussion Group – To Leslie
Join us at the next Psych Media Discussion Group on Tuesday, April 11th from 7:30-8:30PM for a clinician discussion of the movie To Leslie. This event is open to mental health professionals. Addiction specialist and author, Dr Suzette Glasner, PhD will be joining as the expert discussant.
About our guest:
Suzette Glasner, PhD
Dr. Glasner is an Associate Professor at UCLA, in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, and Vice President of Clinical Affairs at Quit Genius, a digital addiction specialty clinic. Dr. Glasner is a licensed clinical psychologist and scientist whose research focuses on developing and testing digital behavioral treatments for addictions and related psychiatric and medical conditions, and understanding the “key ingredients” of psychotherapy. Three evidence-based treatment approaches that have been the focus of her research studies: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), and mindfulness based treatments. Recently she has developed and is testing interventions that deliver these types of treatments using text messaging, social media, and other digital platforms. She brings the unique perspective of having led clinical research programs in both academic and industry settings. Dr. Glasner’s award-winning book, The Addiction Recovery Skills Workbook (New Harbinger, 2015), integrates her scientific knowledge about the causes and most effective treatments for addictions, and nearly two decades of clinical experience treating individuals and families who are affected by addictions and mental health difficulties.
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, May 30, 2023 – How Do You Serve a Friend in Despair?
- MindStories Video – Trauma and Body Image in the Bedroom | Dr. Linda Baggett, Ph.D.
- MindStories Video – Long Illness – Surviving, Healing, and Thriving | Meghan Jobson, MD, PhD and Juliet Morgan, MD
- Psych Media Discussion Group | April 11th, 2023 – To Leslie
- Presentation on Women’s Reproductive Mental Health to CBT California | April 11, 2023
- MindStories Video – What Is Pure O OCD? Understanding It and Treating It | Max Maisel, PhD
- Exercise as Treatment for Depression
- MindStories Video – Using Gottman Method Couples Therapy to Strengthen Relationships | Dr. Dana McNeil