Psych Media Discussion Group – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
Please join us for the next CalPsychiatry Psych Media Discussion Group. Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD will be joining us to discuss her book: Without Children: The Long History of Not Being a Mother. CalPsychiatry Psychiatrist, Beatrice Rabkin, MD will also be joining as an expert discussant.
About our guests:
Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD
Peggy O’Donnell Heffington is a professor in the Department of History at the University of Chicago, where she teaches courses on gender and women’s history as well as historical research and writing methods. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, TIME, Los Angeles Review of Books, and elsewhere. When she’s not answering email, you can usually find her trail running, baking gluten free cake, and looking at clothes on the internet. Peggy lives outside of Chicago with her husband Bob and two pugs, Ellie and Jake. WITHOUT CHILDREN is her first book.
Beatrice Rabkin, MD
Dr. Rabkin is a board-certified psychiatrist with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and cell biology from Rice University, and an MD from Baylor College of Medicine. She completed her psychiatry residency training at the University of Southern California, where her training included women’s mental health, mood and anxiety disorders, cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and psychiatric consultation for medically ill persons with mental health needs. Dr. Rabkin is also board certified in consult liaison psychiatry.
*This event is open to mental health professionals.
- MindStories Video – Navigating Your 20’s | Zachery Resnick, LMFT
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, November 16, 2023 – Without Children with author Peggy O’Donnell Heffington, PhD and expert discussant Beatrice Rabkin, MD
- Brain Circuitry in Neuropsychiatric Illnesses
- MindStories Video – What Turns You On? A Guide to Living Your Best Sex Life | Alexandra Katehakis, Ph.D., LMFT
- MindStories Video – Teen Mental Health and Parenting | Rebekah Tayebi, LCSW
- How Do SSRI’s Affect Mothers and Children in the Post-Partum Period and Beyond?
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Thursday, October 19, 2023 – A look at the The New York Times Guest Essay: “Taylor Swift Has Rocked My Psychiatric Practice”
- The Trajectory of Social Skills in Autistic Youth