Psych Media Discussion Group – Unwinding Anxiety with author Dr. Jud Brewer and expert discussants Dr. Chandler Chang and Dr. Juliet Morgan
We will discuss Unwinding Anxiety by Judson Brewer, MD, PhD. The author himself will be joining us for the discussion. Chandler Chang, PhD of Therapy Lab and Juliet Morgan, MD will also be joining as expert discussants.
About the speakers:
Jud Brewer. MD PhD
Dr. Jud Brewer is a New York Times best-selling author, neuroscientist, addiction psychiatrist, and thought leader in the field of habit change. He is the director of research and innovation at Brown University’s Mindfulness Center, where he also serves as an associate professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences in the School of Public Health. He is the executive medical director of behavioral health at Sharecare, a digital health company and a research affiliate at MIT. Dr. Jud has developed and tested novel mindfulness programs for habit change, including treatments for smoking, emotional eating, and anxiety. He is the author of Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind and The Craving Mind: From Cigarettes to Smartphones to Love, Why We Get Hooked and How We Can Break Bad Habits.
Dr. Chandler Chang, PhD
Dr. Chandler Chang, Ph.D. is a clinical licensed psychologist and founder of Therapy Lab and Therapy Lab Kids, plan-based virtual mental health services that use evidence-based techniques, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
She earned her undergraduate degree in English, with minors in Women & Gender Studies and African-American Studies, from Princeton University, completed Post-Baccalaureate work in Psychology at Columbia University, earned her Ph.D. at The University of Georgia, and completed clinical training at UCLA Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital.
Dr. Chandler is driven by a mission to spread accessible evidence-based care for children, families, and adults.
Juliet Morgan, MD
Dr. Juliet Morgan is an integrative psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist. She specializes in the integrative treatment of clients with mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, neuropsychiatric illness, and healing from trauma. Dr. Morgan began her career as a neurologist, and understands the complex interplay between the structural “hardware” and emotional “software” in the brain. Dr. Morgan has been featured in several media outlets including KQED and CBS for her work with clients with Long-Covid.
Dr. Morgan takes an evidence-based integrative approach to personalized medical care. She provides both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments, and draws upon many forms of healing to tailor a treatment plan to a clients unique needs.
- MindStories Video – What is High ”Functioning” Anxiety? | Dr. Kelly Vincent, Psy.D
- MindStories Video – Understanding Diagnosis and Interventions for Autism Spectrum | Steven Siragusa, D.O.
- MindStories Video – The Tangled Web of Sleep and Mental Health | Jeffrey Mann, PsyD
- MindStories Video – Urban Outdoor Therapy | Amanda Stemen, MS, LCSW
- MindStories Video – Therapy Through a Social Justice Lens | Farah Zerehi, LMFT
- MindStories Video – Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings (& Big Behaviors!) | Dr. Bethany Vaudrey
- MindStories Video – Eating Disorders: Who, What, Why, How? | Sarah Burney, LCSW
- Psych Media Discussion Group | Tuesday, June 12, 2023 – Long Illness: A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing and Thriving